Dating barton upon humber
It is one of the Georgian coaching inns which served Barton on the London to Hull route.
If the file has been modified from its original state, some details such as the timestamp may not fully reflect those of the original file.This chapel ceased being used by the Methodists in 1961 before being taken on by the Salvation Army a few years later. The school closed for 11 years in the mid-1800s before opening again. It purchased a plot of land on New Road (Queen Street) and erected a large hall at a cost of 700.It was used for temperance meetings, holding the County Court and as an annex to the National School opposite. It reopened as the Assembly Rooms, which it still is today.The police station was the building to the right and the magistrates court the building to the left.This building was originally single-storey throughout. The land to build the Oddfellow's Hall was purchased in 1863 after originally trying to purchase land opposite the (old) police station. In the early 1900s it became Barton's first cinema.